jeudi 9 juin 2016

Here comes the Lion

One dark hour, one quick incidence

One note creating a ghastly dissonance.

Within seconds, an outpour of deadly rain

Resigned, the Lion lies, with no mane.

There's no getting up nor fighting back 

Surrounded by a blood-thirsty wolf-pack. 


The roaring Lion was unequivocally conquered, 

In the blink of an eye, his life slaughtered. 

The wolves retreated, their brava suddenly weak, 

Leaving the air filled with their callous shriek.



What now? Asks the Lion. Where to go so I can disappear?

In the caves of my shame, but there who will hear? 

The cry of my heart, the lament of my wounded soul?

Who will tend my bruises, my feeble nature console? 

I will drag my dying breath to the end of the road, 

And there, maybe, only maybe, my pain will erode. 


I wrestled to get myself out of their grasp

I kicked, wailed, begged til, with a final gasp

My will sunk, surrendered, no option left

But to see my soul marked with a new vast cleft.


It's as if no one heard, no one paid attention, 

The vast vibrant world had for me no compassion.

The birds kept on singing, the wind kept on blowing

The trecherous creation watched and stood without pipping.

Then they ran away and it was all over



Lion, worthy, sweet, dear Lion. 

Your mane is gone, your skin covered in tear .

I can see you are fading, drowning in despair.

You groan, in anguish, your soul whispers it's forever



I've seen others wounded, ashamed, believing time is no healer

In the midst of their pain, they are blind to the future

Acting as if already dead, Memories like feasting vultures.



It ain't so. It ain't so. I tell you it ain't so.

Hold on to my words, cling on to every word falling from my lips

I will sing you lullabies, melodies that will soothe your soul

Planting hope in your sorrow, sowing seeds of joy in your midst.



I will wait, rocking you to sleep, and watch as your mane

Grows back, warm, full, welcoming a bright new dawn.

Strength will return, skies will clear and clouds be gone.

You shall walk, run, wild and free, you shall roar again.



Take heart Lion, worthy, sweet Lion,

You are who you always were.

Take heart Lion, worthy, sweet Lion, 

You will remain who you always were.










Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire