vendredi 2 septembre 2016

Dawn and Dusk

We share light and dark.
We might disagree on some things.
There might be arguments at times.
But I know that what's in you is in me.

I wish to love with no agenda or expectations,
With no action plan to turn you into something you can't be.
I don't understand where you come from, or how you feel,
For I have never walked the walk in those shoes of yours.

The dark and light that burn in you,
Are in me too.
I come in love.
Love that is fierce and loyal.
Not self-interested.
Patience at its core.

I refuse to pick and chose where my compassion lies.
May my allegiance be to who needs me,
Whose heart I can mend,
Whose freedom I can help.

I will build places where you
Are free to dwell.
It might take long,
For I only have two hands.
Not much more to give than my
Loyalty,
Not much more to pledge than my
Fidelity.

I'd rather be known for loving too much
And putting people before rules,
Than for letting the letter,
Burn its lines so deep in my soul
That I forget that
You and I
We share
Dark and
Light.
That you are not I
Or I you
But we claim
Humanity
Depth
Vulnerability
So much more.

I share the light and the dark
That dwell in your soul
They roam in my heart.
We are sons and daugthers of the Day.
Not always worthy, or pure,
But We are trying.

The light and dark in your soul
I know them too.



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire